Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Procrastination at its best


It always amazes me how I can happily spend hours working in my sketchbook, but I drag my feet about doing art outside of the sketchbook. Through the years I've come up with many excuses...
1. art outside of the sketchbook is real
2. I can doodle anything in my sketchbook and no one has to know -- it's almost liberating to think that it would be very difficult to display my sketches as actual artwork
3. it's cheaper to just play with children's markers

In all reality my sketchbook work is just as important as my paintings, it's the labor behind the scenes where I research patterns, color combinations, compositions... even if it's just for fun, there is a point to it... but hopefully this year I will start translating those sketches into actual paintings!


No comments:

Post a Comment