Thursday, March 4, 2010

Inspiration from a date and a happy meal


This last weekend I was on a first date, and was explaining to the guy that I tend to gravitate towards abstract art, but it is much harder to sell than realistic art. I think it is respected more than realism, but not as easily understood.

Fast forward a few days later, I was running late, so rather than make lunch I bought a McDonalds happy meal (I know, shame on me), but pleased as could be with my new happy meal toy it dawned on me why don't I try to add creatures into my drawings to bring the viewer into the world, giving them something easily recognisable that they can build the story around.

My first attempt is a little crude... I was really captivated by the curve of the neck on the giraffe so I build around that, trying to echo that curve throughout the drawing, but I think the "foreign object" threw me off... the composition is a little uncreative...but I'm liking the concept.

1 comment:

  1. This guy is so cool. I am jealeous. I agree the curature of his neck is his strong feature. He has big feet and a big head, but his neck makes him gracefull.

    ReplyDelete