Friday, March 26, 2010

Carpe Diem

(random marker sketch)
A friend was challenging my thoughts on marker art, asking why couldn't I sell giclee prints of my sketches. I've always seen anything done with markers, crayons or puff paint as a doodles, not real art. But I decided why not, they make me happy, plus I've got connections, it wouldn't be a terribly huge expense to make prints... So I called my mom and asked if we could collaborate next weekend (she too is an artist but she's got bigger and better toys...like a professional giclee printer). Turns out she's not available....for a month... kind of took the wind out of my sails... I don't want to wait a month; I would rather just hit the ground running. *sigh* she said we can 'discuss' things and brain storm and in a month give it a go. Mothers should not be allowed to take vacations!

No comments:

Post a Comment