Saturday, June 30, 2012

Scroll Saw....

Oh craigslist what would I do without you? Blair and I got to talking about my dream of creating decorative architectural panels using layers of thin wood cut out with a jewelry saw, and he suggested we get a scroll saw.

I'm suspicious of all power tools.  My dad owned a metal shop when I was younger, so you'd think I'd be really good with power tools, but I feel like I'm unintentionally careless...so as a general rule of thumb, most of the time I've decided it's better to waste more time using a hand tool than risk losing a finger with a power tool...but late last night we browsed craigslist and found lots of options of scroll saws for $15-$50!  Oddly, the cheapest one was the nicest.  So today we went and picked it up, cause if I'm only paying $15 for the power tool I can afford the medical bill that goes with it, right?

I'm sooo excited about this saw, I can think of a dozen projects that I want to do with it...who knows, maybe I'll turn into a woodworker, all I needed was a fancy saw.


No comments:

Post a Comment