Monday, July 26, 2010

Gosh Darn Stars


I’m still working on the star veil that I started a couple weeks ago….I can sense what I want, but I cant seem to create it… I want to capture the feeling I get when looking at art nouveau designs… something a little romantic, a little moody, idealistic, and iconic… just simply a blanket of stars. A friend suggested just jumping in with both feet, but I don’t feel good about starting until I can at the very least map out an idea of my “feeling”…but I think I’m getting closer, I’m much happier with these layouts than the ones I started with….


In the mean time, I snagged some car magnet material from work (from jobs that needed to be reprinted for some reason or another), and I’ve been scheming ideas for giant refrigerator magnets….my first instinct was very girly: flowers, bamboo, etc… then I started thinking of childlike images like monsters and robots… we shall see.

1 comment:

  1. so...I started looking up examples of art nouveau because I wasn't exactly sure what it meant. I think what you're looking for is a cross between organic elements and whimsy. After looking at a bunch of examples I think you might try adding movement through curved elements. I'm not sure if that means changing the shape of the stars or just arranging them to create visual waves. Of course...I'm not really an artist so trust your instincts over mine.

    ReplyDelete