Sunday, April 25, 2010

Choice one or choice two, choice one or two????

Choice one or choice two, choice one or two???? Negative space was not the goal for this sketch, but I drew myself into a corner… I loved where it was going but couldn’t figure out anything more to add to the bottom half. In a way I find all the empty space as peaceful and zen, but a part of me feels like it’s a puzzle that I just can’t solve. There’s got to be something I could add to the bottom half. So while I was sitting on an airplane I took the time to play around with adding “something” down there (if you look through my old posts you can see the artwork that I collaged in there (though the colors have be altered, and I’ve added a lot to it). It’s amazing what you can do with a computer.

4 comments:

  1. Strangely I like option 1 better. It feels clearer...like it makes a bigger statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk to me about option 2 later. I like option 1 but next to 2 I see other possiblilties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like option 1 but if you really feel the need to add something why not mimic the top waves with just some subtle lines - almost like a raised relief. It would define the negative space without filling it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, my mom had the same feelings.... and Toni, I agree I like all the white space, but it feels like cheating to leave all that empty space. Thanks for the opinions guys!

    ReplyDelete