Sunday, December 29, 2013

Gnome Door

A few weeks ago I went to a pottery painting party, and in a wine induced whim I added a little door to the bottom of my abstract painting, and it made the piece.  It gave it purpose and a story.

Ever since then I've been a little entranced with gnome doors.  I looked it up on Etsy and it seems anyone selling gnome doors is doing really well.  They are simple and whimsical...and while I've never really liked gnome statues, I love the little door adhered to a tree.  My mind to races with fantastical ideas of where the door goes, and what the world looks like on the other side. (I will admit I looooved Alice in Wonderland and Witch in the Wordrobe...little doors on trees fits both of those stories well).

So here is my latest drawing in vain of my new fascination.  I used the water based markers that I seem to always be drawn to, but added water color paint to get more variety of colors.

I'm really pleased with how this one came out...tying together the abstract into a world others can understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment