Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I loooove my sketchbook

I loooove my sketchbook...It took me a while to warm up to the book because it's an odd shape and it's so pretty I would get intimidated every time I held it...but I've used the same book for a few years now, so that intimidation has warn off.  There are only two blank pages in the entire book (I'm terrified of both pages).  I've gotten to the point that I'm painting over the old pages that I don't like, and I can't wait until the day that I have completed the entire book - happy/satisfied with all of the pages. (I have never in my life completed a sketchbook like that, I always hop over to the new book when I'm 90% done with the old book).

My sketchbook is almost a square shape and apparently a very odd size.  I've scoured the internet, and the only place I could find a new book that is similar to what I am so attached to is on Etsy.  It's being sold as "vintage" for $40. Pfsh!

Luckily my boyfriend is a whiz with tools, and he was able to cut down a new book for me, but it will be a while before I'm ready to start on a fresh book filled with blank pages.

My only complaint about my current book is it has slightly fuzzy paper that causes markers to bleed a tiny bit. I enjoy that little bit of color run when working on a piece of art, but I hate how much of the color bleeds through the page...I find it really distracting when working on the next page.  Usually I have to keep two blank pieces of scrap paper behind the page I'm working on (so the markers don't bleed onto the next page) and another piece of paper clamped to the side where you can see the bleed through from the previous work. If I didn't hide the last piece of art I'm sure I'd find myself recreating the same thing over an over. Oh the things we do to cope.



No comments:

Post a Comment